Friday, April 27, 2012

Remembering April 27, 2011

Most people in my area will never forget this day and will not hesitate to remember where they were and what they were doing.   The Bassman was working outside of Chattanooga about 2 hours away.  My daughters were in Tuscaloosa which is also about 2 hours away.  I was home overseeing our master bathroom renovation.   It's amazing to me that we were that far apart and all 3 of our locations were affected by the tornado outbreak that day.  We didn't suffer the loss or devastation that some did.

I took shelter in our half-bathroom closet ... 5 times that day.  It was awful.  Had I known it was going to be that severe I would have gone to a real tornado shelter.  The construction crew left after 2 tornado warnings to go check on their family and houses. 

This photo was taken with a cell phone from the shopping area nearby.  My house is between here and that humongous twister.  Had I looked out my back window I might have seen it.  I'm glad I didn't!


This is the bathroom before we started the renovation.  We couldn't wait to get rid of that wallpaper!  It was applied directly to the drywall.  No paint underneath, nope, none.   My messy vanity (that I can't believe I'm showing you!) was complete with a contractor grade mirror and that 6-globe light fixture.


This is the tub area, we started removing that little "knee wall". 



Here's the awful shower with access panels that are 2 different colors.  Cheap contractor stuff.  Excuse my dirty laundry, okay? 


Today, one year later, the renovation is finally complete but I have yet to take any photos of the room.  I'll do that soon, without the dirty laundry!  Ha ha!

Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet me at the Well and let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...